TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE, RESOURCES AND NETWORKING
Increase our stakeholders’ capacity to effectively incorporate healthy, local food into school meals and implement food-, farm-, and garden-based education.
OUTREACH, DEMONSTRATION OF IMPACT AND PROMOTION
Increase awareness of existing farm to school and school garden programs including program models, best practices and demonstration of their impact.
Maintain or increase the availability of state funding for programs in Oregon to incorporate healthy, local food into school meals and implement food and garden-based education
INCLUSIVE AND EQUITABLE PROGRAMS
Ensure that the students, families and farms who are involved in and benefit from farm to school and school garden programs in Oregon are engaged in the leadership and development of our programs.
We foster and nurture a network of people, organizations, and food providers through an equitable farm-to-school approach that incorporates healthy, local food into school meals and food-, farm-, and garden-based education. We do this by:
- Being a convener, bridger, and networker of people, organizations, and food providers to ensure we are addressing the food justice issues from a holistic perspective and being led by those doing the work.
- Centering youth and their needs through programming. We see schools and educators as key leaders in the path towards food justice.
- Shifting power and resources to BIPOC lead and community lead initiatives and farming.
- Promoting, advocating for, and supporting culturally relevant programming and representation.
- Serving as an advocate for the network's goals in the policy realm.