The OFSSGN connects and supports members of Oregon’s Farm to School community to create a just, equitable food and education system that provides access to healthy, local school meals and food, farm and garden education.
We provide resources, technical assistance, training, networking and policy advocacy, to build a stronger farm to school movement in Oregon.
We envision an Oregon with just and equitable food and education systems, supporting the wellbeing of the diverse network of communities in our state. To us, this means that:
- Every child and family in Oregon has access to healthy, culturally relevant food.
- Our food is grown in a way that is sustainable and nurturing of the environment.
- The people who work the land, and cultivate and prepare food, hold power in the food system, and are valued and cared for.
- Our education system centers and values healthy local food systems.
- Students of all ages are connected to their food and where it comes from.
We believe this will support families and communities to thrive in many aspects of their lives and in balance with our planet.